NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
BidRx, LLC ("BidRx"), values the privacy of each user who accesses our website, bidrx.com (the "Site"). Although BidRx is not required by law to provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices ("Notice") under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") because BidRx is not a HIPAA-covered entity, BidRx has voluntarily agreed to provide you with this notice ("Notice") in conformance with HIPAA privacy standards. This Notice describes how BidRx may use and disclose protected health information ("PHI") to carry out any treatment-related services, payment, or health care operations and for other specified purposes that are permitted or required by law. The Notice also describes your health information rights.
We have voluntarily agreed to provide you with this Notice, comply with the terms of this Notice currently in effect, and maintain the privacy of your PHI. We may also have to comply with state laws that govern protection of PHI. We reserve the right to change our practices and this Notice. Any changes will be effective for PHI we already have about you as well as PHI received in the future. Any revised Notice will be posted to the Site. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the Site and this Notice from time-to-time in the future.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Health Information
BidRx may use and disclose PHI about you for the following purposes:
- Treatment. To facilitate or assist with treatment or services rendered by pharmacists or providers on your behalf. For example, BidRx may disclose PHI about you to your pharmacist or provider for your treatment, counseling and drug utilization review (DUR), drug product recommendations, or related purposes.
- Payment. For various payment-related functions. For example, we may use PHI to determine eligibility for drug benefits under your insurance plan, to provide eligibility information to your pharmacist when you order prescription drugs, or to confirm that your chosen pharmacist filled your prescription at the agreed upon price.
- Health Care Operations. For operations that may be necessary to maintain or operate BidRx. For example, BidRx may use or disclose PHI for quality control activities or to monitor the quality of services provided to you by pharmacists or providers.
- Health Services. To promote or improve health care services for your benefit. For example, BidRx may use your PHI to provide you with information about drug alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you. We may also provide you with treatment and refill reminders and related services.
- Business Associates. To third parties (called business associates) that BidRx hires for assistance. Each business associate of BidRx must agree in writing to ensure the continuing confidentiality and security of PHI about you in conformance with HIPAA.
Although BidRx may never have reason to make the following disclosures, BidRx may also use and disclose PHI for the following purposes:
- Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care. To one of your family members, a relative, a close personal friend, or any other person identified by you, when PHI is directly relevant to the person’s involvement with your care or payment related to your care. In addition, we may use or disclose the PHI to notify a member of your family, your personal representative, another person responsible for your care, or certain disaster relief agencies of your location, general condition, or death.
- As Required By Law. When required by federal, state or local law. For example, various regulatory authorities may have rights to audit BidRx records. BidRx may also disclose PHI about you as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with workers’ compensation or other similar laws.
- Legal Proceedings. To comply with legal proceedings, such as a court or administrative order, subpoena, warrant, summons or request under certain circumstances.
- Law Enforcement. To law enforcement officials for certain law enforcement purposes or in response to a subpoena or court order.
- Public Health. To public health authorities or other appropriate government authorities for public health purposes or activities, such as to the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Victims of Abuse or Neglect. To a government authority if BidRx reasonably believes an individual is a victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Health Oversight Activities. To a governmental or other agency authorized to oversee the health care system or government programs, for purposes such as audits, investigations, inspections, and credentialing.
- Coroners, Medical Examiners, and Funeral Directors. To a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director about a deceased person.
- Personal Representatives. To your personal representatives appointed by you or designated by applicable law.
- Research. For research purposes, as long as certain privacy-related standards are satisfied in conformance with HIPAA.
- Organ Procurement. To an organ procurement organization in limited circumstances.
- Fundraising. For fundraising efforts.
- Specialized Government Functions. For specialized government functions (e.g., military and veterans activities, national security and intelligence, federal protective services, medical suitability determinations, correctional institutions and other law enforcement custodial situations).
BidRx will not use or disclose your PHI for other purposes, unless you give BidRx your written authorization to do so. If you give BidRx written authorization to use or disclose PHI about you for a purpose that is not described in this Notice, then, in most cases, you may revoke it in writing at any time. The revocation will be effective for all PHI that BidRx maintains, except for information BidRx has already released based on your authorization.
Your Health Information Rights
You have the following rights regarding PHI we receive from you or a HIPAA-covered entity and maintain about you:
- Right to Inspect and Copy. Subject to some restrictions, you may inspect and copy PHI used to make decisions about you. If you are so inclined, such a request must be made in writing and sent to the address below. If you are denied access to PHI, you may request that the denial be reviewed.
- Right to Amend. If you feel that PHI we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as we keep the information. To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and sent to the address below and you must provide a reason that supports your request. Please note that in certain cases we are not required to make the requested amendment.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to request an "accounting of disclosures" where such disclosure was made for any purpose other than treatment, payment, or health care operations. Please send a written request to the address listed below.
- Right to Request Restrictions. You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the PHI we use or disclose about you for payment or health care operations. You also have the right to request a limit on the PHI we disclose about you to someone who is involved in your care or the payment for your care, like a family member or friend. We are not required to agree to your request. Please send a written request to the address listed below. In your request, you must tell us (1) what information you wish to limit; (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure or both; and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply, for example, disclosures to your spouse.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. To request confidential communications, you must make your request in writing to the address listed below. Your request should specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
- Right to a Paper Copy of this Notice. You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this Notice upon request. To obtain a paper copy, please contact us at the address listed below.
- Right to File a Complaint. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us and may have the right to file a complaint with a regulatory agency such as the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with us, contact us in writing at the address listed below. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint.
Please contact us with questions and comments regarding this Notice at email@example.com. If you feel that BidRx has not complied with this Notice, please contact us at BidRx, LLC, Attn: Legal Counsel, 2905 Universal Street, Suite 220, Oshkosh, WI, 54904. Please include your user name, address and telephone number in any written request or complaint.
Consumer Consent Requirements
- Consent. By clicking the "I Agree" button below, you consent to receive this Notice and any updated Notices solely in electronic format through the Site. Please regularly check the Site for updates to the Notice. We will post to the Site any changes in hardware or software requirements needed to access the Notice.
- Delivery Considerations. To access the Site, you must have access to a personal computer with appropriate browser software, such as the most current version of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator and communications access to the Internet. To print and save the Notice, you must have access to a printer
- Duration and Withdrawal of Consent. Your consent will be effective indefinitely. If you would like a paper copy of the Notice, please contact us at the address or phone number above. We reserve the right to send you paper copies of any documents or Notice that you have consented to receive electronically or that are not available electronically and to discontinue sending updated Notices electronically to you at any time.
- Access Costs. We do not charge you additional fees to access the Notice online. However, you may incur costs from your Internet access provider, telephone company, or other third parties to access or print the Notice. These costs are borne by you.
By clicking on the "I Agree" button below, you (i) represent that you have read, understand, received, and consent to electronic delivery of this Notice as of today’s date, (ii) agree that you are providing the legal equivalent of your handwritten signature, and (iii) agree to print and/or save a copy of this Notice for your records.